Friday, December 12, 2014

Momma of 3 take homes, version 2.0

A little of this, a little of that.  Bam.  I'm ok.

Turns out I caught the ADD.  Who knew?

They tell me many folks who are unable to manage their depression often have undiagnosed ADHD.  Yeah, but I'm 43.  Well, I'm 44 now but I found out I was actually a year older than I thought I was this fall.  There is some lack of attention to detail, not knowing how old you are.  Hmm.

I was a big doubter.  Hooked me up to an EEG.  Did some testing before and after medication.  Can you believe I improved in the auditory part by 500%.  Eek.  It's a wonder I was keeping these kids fed and clean.

My Toddlerina was diagnosed (word I use loosely as she is only 5) with ADHD and ODD.  I think it explains a lot where her nickname came.  Guess she caught it from me, poor little bird.

We are working hard with her.  Feelings coach, occupational therapist, gymnastics and tae kwon do.

If you do anything to help your kids, sprint immediately to the nearest TKD shop and join.  It is amazing and I just am head over heels in love with it.

She is doing better but some days I want to run away.  I hate the circus but maybe I could join it and get them to change their inhumane ways.

My new baby is a delight.  She brings out the very best in Toddlerina.  It makes her shine.  It was really meant to be this way.

Much love,
Roccie

5 comments:

  1. So great to hear from you! I am glad that your diagnosis and treatment have helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a pleasure to read your thoughts, Roccie.
    Glad that you have a new way of understanding your own challenges and Toddlerina's, and more to the point, that there are effective treatments for this condition.
    Glad that life with 3 children is wonderful. Even when you want to join the circus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our son has spd with ADHD and is in OT and we also got him tested for the school system IEP and its amazing. You should look into it the teachers are great at least here in Florida and they help him so much with his needs to make it through a school class. It is great to get the diagnosis so you know why they do what they do but also so you can help them succeed. Good luck and thanks for sharing. We have not done medications since our son is 4 soon to be 5 so we want to help him learn to accommodate his needs if at all possible without the meds this early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear from you. I hope things continue to get better. I love your voice.

    ReplyDelete