Thursday, January 24, 2013

We have a winner

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

I just love this family.

They have a four year old daughter.  I watched her climb all over her parents, dance, ask questions and generally be a sweetly disruptive four as we parents were all having a heart attack Skype session.

It was the most telling thing, over any email or phone conversation we could ever have.  I watched this momma laugh it off and handle it with ease.  I even got the camera turned around so we could see the full dance performance.

You know that saying, "I don't care who you are, when a 2 year old hands you a banana, you answer it"?  It was the mothers' rule that All Shall Celebrate When A Child Dances.  I loved her for it.  "Her" could be the momma or the dancing daughter.  Take your pick.

18 comments:

  1. They do sound like winners! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my heart is all warmed up to read this. well done, Roccie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting! SO happy for you! Very cool that you get to see how she already is as a momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so miraculous. I'm very happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relief and happiness! Thank you for sharing how you went from egg donor love to recipient Mom and big sister love. I love your heart, and am honored to be one to read about the ups and downs of following your love and the trial that goes with decisions that seem larger than life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO thrilled for you guys and the recipient family!!! Makes my heart so happy to hear such joy & assurance in your writing! Woo-hoo...dancing virtually in celebration with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing. Sounds like a great family match. You are one special mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Roccie - fabulous news, well done you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catching up. Wonderful!!!!

    Love that saying. My 3 yo chats on her banana often. The other day I found the classic Sesame Street "I can't hear you, I have a banana in my ear" on youtube to show her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy it went well!

    ReplyDelete