Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Music to bring on your determination



Music takes you exactly where you need to be.

I lived on this record after I learned what "incompatible with life" meant and I lost my baby.

I pull it out again today to steel my nerves and cry tears for so many of us struggling.

My heart hurts so much for you today.




Every time it rains I listen to the sky
And wonder what's so great about sunshine
Everybody lives and everybody dies
And no one's gonna love you like I do

When it was getting dark

I didn't need a match
I never needed light to see you
You thought I disappeared
But I was always here
I could never get that far from you

Though I misunderstand

And been misunderstood
So love me 'cause you can
And not because you should

Every time it rains

I know it's good to be alive
Every time it rains
I know I'm trying to survive

Take it as it comes

And take me as I am
I never was a good imposter
But I know how to dream
And don't know where I stand
I'm willing to admit I try too hard
Stop playing with my heart
I'm waiting by the phone
Afraid to be myself
Afraid to be alone

Every time it rains

I know it's good to be alive
Every time it rains
I know I'm trying to survive
And every time it rains
I'm gonna hide myself inside

I know it's good to be alive

I know it's good to be alive
I know it's good to be alive

Every time it rains

I know it's good to be alive
Every time it rains
I know I'm trying to survive




Don't worry about me.  This song just caught me when I was vulnerable - too much troubling news lately.  

I don't need the comments, but our fellow bloggers might:

This is for you, Mo.  

This is for you, Kim from Chaos.  

This is for you, Lifeslurper.  

This is for you, egghunt.  

This is for you, Lut.  

This is for you, Suzy.  

This is for you, R.

You are not alone.

15 comments:

  1. Just a quick hug to let you know I'm thinking about you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...why can't life be fair for all of us?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing that song, I LOVE it!!! Life is such a struggle lately, sending love and hope your way...((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 It always seems hardest for the good people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Every time it rains I listen to the sky
    And wonder what's so great about sunshine"

    That is one mother f***ing great line Roccie.

    You're a wonderful person and I am thinking nothing but great thoughts for you and your beautiful embryo.

    xx and hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many people hurting right now. So much pain and loss.

    Thank-you for the song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you. A beautiful song. Just wanted to let you know you are on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just posted directly below your "wish" on the stirrup queens website. It has been so nice reading your blog and getting to know your story. I wish you nothing but good luck and I definitely plan to check back in to see how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to say that your musical support for our girls who are in need is one of the loveliest things I've seen in a long time. Like, TEARS. (Also, wow, beautiful song.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Roccie. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm the one moving to Chicago. I'll send you an email. Thanks! Oh and best wishes in your 2WW.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Roccie.

    And know I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're such a good friend, Roccie. We're lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for your kind words today....what you said meant SO much to me! Lots of love to you my amazing friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you.

    Just.

    Thank you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roccie, you are made out of kindness. Your entire being is made out of kindness. Thank you for this great post and for reaching out to all of us with your great big heart.

    ReplyDelete